Young the Giant Keep Getting Bigger
Remember when [insert band name] released [insert band’s debut] and six months later that band explodes into the stratosphere? Since forming in 2004, Young the Giant have stormed through the “rock band checklist” to place themselves on the cusp of being one of those bands.
- Worked tirelessly playing local shows around their home in Orange County.
- Released an EP that gained the watchful eye of legendary rock station KROQ.
- Signed to Roadrunner records.
- Crafted twelve captivating alt-rock songs for their self-titled debut album.
- Had said debut produced by Multi-Grammy winner Joe Chicarelli. (U2, The White Stripes, Counting Crows)
- Debut album climbed the charts alongside critical praise from the national and international press.
- Played on Later With Jool’s Holland.
- Endorsed by music icon Morrissey.
- Played the main stage at Lollapalooza.
- Branded MTV’s “Push Artist of the Week,” and scheduled to play the VMA’s on August 28th.
- Booked a tour with Incubus.
Lucky for us, that tour begins here in Columbus at the LC Pavilion on Tuesday August 30, 2011. Tickets are $49.00 when purchased in advance, and $52.00 the day of the show. The fuse has been lit on the career of Young the Giant. Get tickets now, so you can say you saw them when…
Bradford Iten; Columbus Wired